Click an article to read more
- EB-5 visa program Update
- Curbelo and Grayson Introduce the Venezuelan Refugee Assistance Act
- 7 days left to submit your Green Card Lottery Application
- Gun Ownership in the US
- Sky Rocket Your Businesses Value
- Choosing a Business Broker
- 5 Steps to Successfully Buying a Home in the US
- Business Broker vs Business Attorney
- Bill proposes E-2 to Green Card in 10 years
- H-1B Shortage is Coming
- New Immigration Policy: See if You Qualify for Parole-in-Place
- Immigrants and the Affordable Care Act
- Sarasota Immigration Attorneys See Surge in Applications for What Could Be the Last Green Card Lottery
- Fake Immigration Attorney in Tampa Recently Sentenced to Confinement
- Sarasota Immigration Attorneys Prepare for Immigration Reform
- Immigration Reform Means Economic Growth
- Victoria Jaensch Karins Elected Chair of American Immigration Lawyers Association - Central Florida Chapter
- Jaensch Immigration Law Firm Establishes Latin Business Development Division
- Are you eligible for Deferred Action? - Fill out this form and See
- Aug 13, 2012: Updated Deferred Action Requirements and Why Hire a Lawyer
- New Government Visa Processing Fees
- How to Get a Visa as an Athlete
- EB-5 News
- Jacksonville offers free advice for Haitian TPS
- Passport Health Sarasota Opens, Offers Immigration Medical Exams
- American Dyslexia Association Inc. Chooses Jaensch Immigration Law Firm for their Expansion to the U.S. Market
- EB-5 Regional Center Memorandum with Details on Main Regional Center Programs
SKY ROCKET YOUR BUSINESSES VALUE
Sky Rocket Your Businesses Value
We all need to plan for the future whether you want to sell your business next year or in 10 years. The reality is the value of your company will be partly determined by your industry. For example, cloud-based software companies are generally worth a lot more than printing companies these days.
However, when we analyze businesses in the same industry, we still see major variations in valuation. So we dug through the data available to us from our Value Builder Score and industry databases and we found 10 things that will make your company more valuable than its industry peer group.
1. Recurring Revenue
The more revenue you have from automatically recurring contracts or subscriptions, the more valuable your business will be to a buyer. Even if subscriptions are not the norm in your industry, if you can find some form of recurring revenue it will make your company much more valuable than those of your competitors. There are 9 different recurring models that may help you do this.
2. Something Different
Buyers buy what they cannot easily replicate on their own, which means companies with a unique product or service that is difficult for a competitor to knock off are more valuable than a company that sells the same commodity as everyone else in their industry.
Acquirers looking to fuel their top line revenue growth through acquisition will pay a premium for your business if it is growing much faster than your industry overall.
Tired old companies often try to buy sex appeal through the acquisition of a trendy young company in their industry. If you are the darling of your industry trade media, expect to get a premium acquisition offer.
If you have a great location with natural physical characteristics that are difficult to replicate (imagine an oceanfront restaurant on a strip of beach where the city has stopped granting new licenses to operate), you'll have buyers who understand your industry interested in your location as well as your business.
Acquirers pay a premium for companies that naturally hedge the loss of a single customer. Ensure no customer amounts to more than 10 percent of your revenue and your company will be more valuable than an industry peer with just a few big customers.
If you've mastered a way to win customers and documented your sales funnel with a predictable set of conversion rates, your secret customer-acquiring formula will make your business more valuable to an acquirer than an industry peer who doesn't have a clue where their next customer will come from.
8. Clean Books
Companies that invest in audited statements have financials that are generally viewed by acquirers as more trustworthy and therefore worth more. You may want to get your books reviewed professionally each year even if audited statements are not the norm in your industry. We can recommend several CPA firms.
9. A 2iC
Companies with a second-in-command (2iC) who has agreed to stay on post sale of your business are more valuable than businesses where all the power and knowledge are in the hands of the owner.
10. Happy Customers
Being able to objectively demonstrate that your customers are happy and intend to re-purchase in the future will make your business more valuable than an industry peer that does not have a means of tracking customer satisfaction.
Like a rising tide that lifts all boats, your industry typically defines a range of multiples of earnings within which your business is likely to sell for; but whether you fall at the bottom or the top of the range comes down to factors that have nothing to do with what you do, but instead, how you do it.
If you're interested in receiving your personal and complimentary Value Builder Score in a 27 page report please visit www.thevaluebuildersystem.com/edison-avenue to complete this ten minute questionnaire on your business.
Edward Valaitis, CBI, CMAP, CVB - Managing Partner of Edison Avenue. Business brokerage and growth strategy experts who help you to grow and one day sell your business. Our specialty is increasing the value of your business so you can live your dream. 800.975.2114 Edward@EdisonAvenue.com www.EdisonAvenue.comDOWNLOAD PDF